Friday, July 15, 2011

Wheels are spinnin', sky is spinnin'...

...this can't be good. No, not a tale of Stampede excess but rather a tale of excitement, adventure, and a three hour tour. A tale of a fateful trip. What started under sunny skies, a slight breeze, and the best of intentions turned into a pelting storm, local (6km) tornado, and the tiny ship was tossed. Well, the brave and fearless crew got a few runs in of the sprint, but not enough to really calculate results. I tallied the participants and gave them half points for the effort with a little uptick for those winning heats, but not enough to really change the results so I have updated the Standings on the right with the Final Standings for the Second Series of the 2011 WNS.
This mate is a mighty sailing man, and the riders brave and sure, and again well set sail next week, for another three hour tour. In the Queen's english ... The participating riders quite enjoyed the challenge of the event and anticipate a subsequent installment. In American english ... We's gonna do it a'gin, cause the people liked it, and cuz it was all neat and everything. That's right, we'll reload and give it another go next week, same location, same course, same time. I'll fix a couple of the bugs and I think the format needs another go as it appears promising and it's cool to watch. I like that. Over and out little buddy.

2 comments:

Ron F said...

Jamie,

I had so much fun holding people up inthe rain I want to do it again. Count me in as this weeks starter.

Spirogeek said...

Awesome. While I can't guarantee rain, I might have a backup pestilence.